Monday 7 November 2011

Climbing up my Stairs...

For my final project last year I decided to try my hand at a bit of stop-motion animation. It's something I've wanted to do for a while, and I decided to do it before it was too late. I knew I wouldn't have time during my second year to properly experiment with the technique. Here's a slideshow of some set building and model making.



My first real foray into stop-motion animation. I was inspired by classic horror films that had intense atmospheres. Kubrick's 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' and Dario Argenta's 'Suspiria' were my main influences. I was lucky enough to get to work with a sound designer, Justin Dolby, who was very passionate about the project and especially the theme. At the end of it all, I had this:



One of the most enjoyable parts of the film was the pixellation shots. It involved rigging clear fishing line to the underneath of the keys. It was intricate to say the least.

In the studio, rigging up the hooks to the (borrowed) typewriter

Being really careful

The delicate hooks

No comments:

Post a Comment